One of our top 10 day hikes in the world
In Norway’s most popular National Park – Jotunheimen
“Home of the Giants“.
AT A GLANCE
- Jotunheimen National Park has most of the highest mountains in Norway
- Besseggen … or Besseggi … in Jotunheimen, is a thrilling ridge walk with alpine lakes on either side: Gjende and Bessvatnet.
- recommended from the end of June to mid-September
- 13.3km (8.25mi) plus one-way ferry
- 6-9 hours
- 950m elevation gain
- highest point, Veslfjellet (1743m)
- dogs on leash allowed
- trail runners enjoy it
Check our Besseggen Ridge information page for details.
Go to Source
Author: Rick Mc