Reopened 2019 with sherpa-built steps.
Now much safer and easier.
AT A GLANCE
- Reinebringen is on the island of Moskenesøya , one of the Lofoten islands in Norway, north of the Arctic Circle
- infamous for wind and rainy weather
- famed for dramatic scenery, rugged peaks, open sea vistas past sheltered bays
- about 448 meters (1470 feet) above sea level
- over 1500 stone steps
- about 2 hours up
- It’s crowded. Over a thousand people a day in high season if the weather is good.
- permits not required
- photographers come for the rugged geography and unique Arctic light
For details click over to our Reinebringen information page.
Go to Source
Author: Rick Mc