One of our top 10 day hikes in the world
Zion Narrows Top-Down
AT A GLANCE
- in Utah’s Zion National Park
- 16 miles (25 km) from Chamberlain’s Ranch to Temple of Sinawava
- June through October best months
- in places chasm up to 1,968 ft deep and 20 ft wide
- walk in water about half the time
- 9 – 13 hours. Confirm the time of the last shuttle out of the park!
- a long, tiring day or you can camp overnight. Be aware that there are only 12 campsites available and they book quickly. Start as early as possible if you are doing it in a day.
- Permit is required
- water walking shoes, long hiking stick and dry gear recommended
- National Park Service closes the hike when flow rate is over 150 cubic feet per second (cfs). And might close it at any time in case of Flash Flood Warning.
Read more on our Zion Narrows Information page.
Go to Source
Author: Rick Mc